Thursday, May 21, 2015

The beginning

      Beginnings are the best part: the first bite of a chocolate, the first time you see a movie, the first few months of having your license.  Everything is so new and exciting — that may be why baby's first christmas gets a bulb for the tree. Most people experience amplified bliss when experiencing something for the first time, since it triggers a response you may not have experienced previously.
Same went for the first day of my trip.

     With the end date, that marks the return to my previous reality, far off in the distance, I am able to simply relax and take it all in.  Since everything is so new, I have been eager to explore.

     So far, during the past few days of being my new home for the next three months, Valencia, I have been roaming the streets and the parks with my fresh legs.  Everything is relatively close, which also makes exploration by foot much easier. However I haven't even noticed how far I have walked or how tired my feet became because I have been consumed by the sights that the city has to offer.  Around every corner that I turn, I am filled with even more amazement from the exquisite architecture of the building, the beautiful plazas with flowers and café, and the many churches and historic building well maintained. From the main streets that are bustling with cars, mopeds, bikers, and walkers, to the narrow streets that wind throughout and drown out the loud city noises, comes a new urge to take a picture with every corner I turn.

     I am loving every walk and day that I spend in the city of the Sciences and the Art.
It is not grand in size, yet it has everything I need: modern, yet relaxed, lifestyle, delicious food, historical building with beautiful architecture, museums, and a beach.

 I am sure that the beginning of this trip will be the only happy ending because I already know that I am not going to want to leave. This also makes me cherish every day I have here.


~ Greetings from Valencia ~


                  Brigitte

An overview of the city from the top of the Cathedral de Valencia - 2 Euros - Worth it
Landing in Valencia
La Catedral de Valencia - La Plaza de Reina



 Historical buildings from across the park 
The calm inner city street

Another view of the Cathedral
Un calle 
La Plaza de la Virgen - Filled with people waiting to kiss the statue
Simply adorable

El Gran Calle de Ferdinando

Inside the towers leading into the city




Enjoying every second!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic photos! I absolutely agree that there is nothing quite like beginnings and firsts. My hope for you, though, is that this experience will allow you to dive deeper into the culture let it all soak in and become a part of you!

    ReplyDelete